This time of year runs rampant with lists upon lists upon lists. The best things to buy and trends for next year are two of my favorites. I’ve tried a stack of products this year, so I’m bringing you my likes and dislikes in one consolidated list. You’re welcome 😉
1. Purple Shampoo: an absolute essential for blondes. Keeps your color bright while taming that brassiness that develops with time.
Dislike: Evo Fabulous Platinum Blonde Colour Intensifying Conditioner – it’s too heavy and didn’t really do it’s job.
Like: Beauty Protector & Blonde – smells powdery and musky and brought my ashy highlights back to life.
2. Mascara: probably the #1 staple make up product on the planet. So many types and very few that I actually like.
Dislike: Benefit’s They’re Real – my lashes were hard and clumpy which isn’t a great look for me!
Like: Nars Audacious – the wand is flexible so you can really get in there and the mascara left my lashes soft and loooonnnnnng.
3. Foundation: this is a tough one because coverage is a personal choice. I prefer to look natural, but want all my (many) imperfections faded out.
Dislike: Dior Nude Foundation – heavy and cakey letting the world in on the “secret” that my skin isn’t naturally this even-toned.
Like: Armani Luminous Silk Foundation – yes, yes, yes. Everything you want in a foundation – light, great coverage, and gives you an all over glow (not shine – GLOW).
4. Everyday Shampoo & Conditioner: …and by everyday, I mean twice a week, obviously. A must have in your shower, in addition to your specialty S&Cs.
Dislike: Shu Uemura Urban Moisture – moisture wasn’t weightless thereby increasing the need for an extra wash during the week. Major fail. And the scent was pretty MEH.
Like: Oribe Moisture & Control – Every single product in this line is INSANITY, but their shampoo and conditioner is pure perfection for gentle, weightless, shiny, manageable moisture.
5. Hair Serum: reducing dry time, adding shine and heat protection, hair serums and oils should always be a part of your style standard.
Dislike: Moroccanoil Treatment – the smell drives me bananas, or I should probably say coconuts since it distinctly reminds me of sunscreen, and it leaves my hair too heavy.
Like: Kerastase Elixir Ultime – light floral scent, perfect amount of moisture, and it adds an amazing amount of shine.
Stay tuned for Part Deux…